This accessibility statement explains how the tehy.fi and tehylehti.fi online services comply with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services, what shortcomings there are in the accessibility of the sites and how you can give us feedback on accessibility issues. The information in this statement is based on a third-party assessment.
How accessible are the sites?
This online service largely meets the AA-level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1). The online service has some shortcomings in accessibility, which are described in more detail below. The work to develop the site is still ongoing.
Tehy aims to provide a technically accessible online service with understandable content and a clear, easy-to-use interface for all kinds of users.
We are ensuring accessibility through the following measures:
- Accessibility is part of our mission.
- Accessibility is taken into account in our communications practices.
- A team has been appointed to develop the accessibility of the online service.
Did you notice any gaps in accessibility?
We are constantly working to improve the accessibility of our online service. If you notice any problems that are not described on this page, please give us feedback by emailing [email protected]. It can take up to 14 days to receive a reply.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland monitors the implementation of accessibility requirements. If you are not satisfied with the reply you receive, or if you do not receive a reply at all within two weeks, you can give feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland explains in detail how to file a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Monitoring Unit
saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish and Swedish)
telephone exchange +358 295 016 000
Tehy.fi and tehylehti.fi largely meet the accessibility requirements. The websites have room for improvement in the following issues:
- alternative texts in the pop-up window of a third-party service (Hotjar)
- aria-labels of social media display headings and icons
- alternative texts for images (alt texts)
- video subtitles
- automatic input of personal data into forms
- contrast between text and menu and background image
- values of Swedish-language content or certain visual elements for accessible technologies
- some main menu buttons off-screen on the smallest screens
- scaling of elements and cookie menu text
- repetition of id values
- use of search page filters with assistive technologies
Efforts will be made to correct the shortcomings listed here during 2022.
How have we tested accessibility?
The observations in this accessibility statement are based on a third-party assessment of whether the online service meets legal requirements.
The online service was published in December 2021. The statement was prepared on 2 December 2021.
Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019) (in Finnish and Swedish)
Saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi website (in Finnish and Swedish)