Tehy - The Union of Health and Social Care Professionals in Finland
- Tehy represents qualified health care professionals, social workers and students of these professions in both the private and the public sectors.
- Tehy is the largest trade union for health and social care professionals and has over 160 000 members.
- Tehy was established in 1982.
- Tehy is a politically pluralistic organization
- The main goal of Tehy is to supervise and improve the economical, professional and social interests of its members.
- negotiates collective agreements
- gives guidance and support in work-related matters
- offers legal aid to members and takes disputes to court, if necessary
- provides trade union education and training
- gathers statistics and research data to support the work of representing the interests of its members
- works to improve conditions in the workplace, as well as occupational health and safety
- influences legislation and health and social care reforms